Legal Marriage Services
Here are the basic steps needed for obtaining your marriage certificate in Thailand.
Before you leave your home country
You must make sure you bring all of the documents that your embassy will need from you, to prove to them that you are single, and thus eligible to get married in Thailand. These exact documents may be different for each country. They could include such items as a verified copy of any divorce decrees, a signed witness statement saying that you are single, your passports, I. D. card, birth certificate, etc.
We may be able to advise you on some of the above documents.
After you arrive in Bangkok at your hotel
- You bring your papers, and come by taxi to our office (located in the Sukhumvit area), and meet our representative, who will immediately escort you to your embassy. You will now give this embassy your papers, and wait while they issue you a stamped, legal document saying that you are single and eligible to marry.
- This stamped document is then given to our representative, and we make a certified translation of it into the Thai language. After this, our representative will take the translated documents, along with a Thai application to marry, that you sign, and submit this to the Thailand Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- You are now free to leave Bangkok and come directly to Sandalwood Luxury Villas where we will take care of the rest of the details for you.
- The Thai Ministry will issue your marriage certificate, our representative will pick it up, and forward these documents to us in Koh Samui.
- We receive your documents in Koh Samui, and you now can get married and have a wedding ceremony and reception at Sandalwood.
- After your ceremony, a local district minister will come over, and he will sign these documents to make your marriage official.
- We forward this signed document back to our representative in Bangkok.
- They take it again to the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs, for their final legal verification.
- We pick up this stamped legal certificate, and translate in it back into your native language.
- When you arrive in Bangkok, at the end of your trip, you can pick up these documents from our representative’s office, and take them back with you to your home country.
Congratulations, you are now married in Thailand!
Total cost for our services is usually roughly 30,000 THB and usually requires 1-2 days in Bangkok and 2-3 days in Koh Samui. The actual costs and timing depend on your country of residence and the Thai ministry schedules.